-
June 11th, 2007, 11:19 PM
#11
Senior Hostboard Member
No web calculators I'm aware of, but this freeware will allow up to ten drivers: http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisdpro
-
June 11th, 2007, 11:20 PM
#12
Senior Hostboard Member
So convert them to metric.
-
June 11th, 2007, 11:59 PM
#13
Senior Hostboard Member
Thanks. That's the program I have. I will erase the old one and reinstall it with imperial units.
Thanks
-
June 12th, 2007, 12:48 AM
#14
Senior Hostboard Member
It works but very sensitive. For 2 416 8B the cabinet has to be 23 cubic feet. In other words
with a 511 E horn and a 288 driver. Were talking
200 LBS pounds.
Thanks but not for now.
-
June 12th, 2007, 01:05 AM
#15
Senior Hostboard Member
Well, for a T/S max flat, it will be quite large, heavy, but the Onken W size is considerably smaller/less heavy if you don't do the sand filled walls. Note too that the other 416 models will make for a smaller cab.
Why the need to erase/re-install the program? I mean all you need do is click on the various units in the driver editor till you get whatever you want, then type in the new value and save your corrections.
-
June 12th, 2007, 01:48 AM
#16
Senior Hostboard Member
yes i know. I haven't used it in severall months.
A little rusty that's all.
But imagine what these cabs would sound like.
With a special made to order steel mounted rack to top it all.
Wow!
-
June 14th, 2007, 09:20 PM
#17
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi Russ,
Do you think you can post a better scan of the rod steward picture? I like collecting pictures of musicians with Altec/JBL.
Thanks.
-
June 14th, 2007, 09:32 PM
#18
Senior Hostboard Member
Can we use 2x515E in place of the 2x416 in the Onken box or 2 x M19 box?
Thanks
-
June 14th, 2007, 09:41 PM
#19
Senior Hostboard Member
Yes, it just won't have as much bass without some form of EQ.
-
June 14th, 2007, 10:24 PM
#20
Senior Hostboard Member
Thanks GM. I thought so too, I tried to plot the reponse of a 450 litres box with 2x416 vs 2x515. Probably need some low pass EQ to flatten out the reponse. Or wait for 4x416s...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks